Commitment to Community
Supporting Our Neighbors
Eagle Harbor Inn has always been more than a business. When Nedd and Natalie returned to Wisconsin to raise their young family 27 years ago, they knew that they wanted to become part of the Ephraim and Door County communities by supporting their fellow local business owners and giving back in whatever way they could. Check the blog for updates on Eagle Harbor Inn’s community involvement.
Eagle Harbor Inn has been a proud partner of Al’s Run (now called the Briggs & Al’s Run) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin for over 20 years. Over 40 years ago Al McGuire, the legendary men’s basketball coach at Marquette University, organized the first “Al’s Run” to support Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. McGuire spearheaded the event for 15 years before he retired from the event, but not before he had turned it into
one of the largest and most successful races in the Midwest. Today, Al’s Run is a critical fundraiser for Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, and over $20 million has been raised over the course of its history. Eagle Harbor Inn donates a one-weekend stay to every person who raises more than $3,500 for the cause — our winners have raised over $520,000.00 over the 24 years we have supported Al’s Run.
Locally Sourced Ingredients and Products
Door County is renown for its bountiful produce, artisanal foods, and carefully crafted wine, beer, and spirits. Eagle Harbor Inn showcases the best Door County has to offer with our ‘Add On Amenity’ offerings, Afternoon Treats & Homemade Cherry Granola. Guests can caffeinate with Italian Roast Door County Coffee, feel celebrated with our Curated Door County Cheese and Dessert Boards.
Door County Performing Arts
Door County’s rich arts heritage lives on in its vibrant performing arts scene. Eagle Harbor Inn supports theaters like Northern Sky Theater (original musicals), Peninsula Players (America’s oldest professional resident summer theatre), Door Shakespeare, and Midsummer’s Music (chamber music) because it’s important to ensure these treasured cultural experiences are available to visitors and residents of Door County for years to come.
The natural beauty of Door County remains the primary reason why visitors return year after year, and why some visitors decide to plant roots and build a life on the peninsula. Eagle Harbor Inn is committed to doing its part to preserve the outdoor splendor of Door County, Lake Michigan, and far beyond.
- Eagle Harbor Inn has used bulk containers for its soap, shampoo, and conditioner to reduce the amount of single-use plastic it consumes since 1994.
- We offer an EV Charging Station on property for guests and community members to encourage fossil fuel reduction initiatives.
- Member of Travel Geen Wisconsin, a first-of-its-kind state-sponsored sustainable certification that has become a model for sustainable travel efforts nationally and globally.
- Proud supporter of Door County Land Trust, a non-profit organization endeavoring to protect Door County’s exceptional lands and waters.
- Advocate for Door County Green Fund, operating under the umbrella of the Door County Community Foundation, to award grants to promising initiatives for the well-being of the environment.