- 1/4 c olive oil
- 4 homegrown tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1/2 c water 1/4 c butter
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of salt
- Saute onions and garlic in butter and oil.
- Add tomatoes, salt, and water & cook about 10 minutes until the tomato skins are loosened.
- Pull tomato skins off with tongs & discard.
- Put all in the food processor and puree for about 5 minutes.
- Reheat if necessary.
- Wonderful with your bounty of homegrown tomatoes; serve on any type of pasta.
- Beware its richness! (You can adjust more or less butter/olive oil)